North Korea says no more talks with the United States just so Trump can boast
North Korea said on Monday it was not interested in meaningless talks with the United States just so President Trump had something to boast about, urging an end to what it called a policy of hostility if the United States wanted dialogue.
The comment by senior North Korean official Kim Kye Gwan, who is a former vice foreign minister, came after President Trump on the weekend called on North Korean leader Kim Jong Un to “act quickly” and hinted at another meeting.
Kim, in a statement carried by the state KCNA news agency, said he had seen the Nov. 17 Twitter post by President Trump signaling another summit but added that little had improved despite three meetings between the two leaders since June last year.
“We are no longer interested in such talks that bring nothing to us,” he said.
“As we have got nothing in return, we will no longer gift the U.S. president with something he can boast of, but get compensation for the successes that President Trump is proud of as his administrative achievements,” Kim said.
18th November 2019