Donald Trump rejected hold his next debate with Joe Biden virtually
President Trump rejected plans to hold his next debate with Joe Biden, virtually to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19, and complained that his microphone had been cut off like this format.
“I’m not going to waste my time on a virtual debate, that’s not what debating is all about,” Trump said on a phone interview with Fox Business after the nonpartisan commission in charge of presidential debates announced the new format on Thursday morning.
“You sit behind a computer and do a debate - it’s ridiculous and then they cut you off whenever they want,” said Trump, who added that he was eager to hold campaign rallies with his supporters.
President Trump leads in nationwide opinion polls but they show a tighter race in many of the battleground states.
Joe Biden told reporters on Thursday that he would follow the panel's recommendations. Joe Biden said he does not know what action he would take if President Trump refused to participate.
8 October 2020